The Old Dial was built in the early 19th century and opened onto Stockwell Gate. This was demolished in 1841 and replaced with the current building at the Market Place end of the Old Dial’s yard. The Dial is Grade II listed.
The three-storey building is painted ashlar stone with a concrete tiled roof and four round-arched windows on the ground floor flanked by single panel doors with similar fanlights. It is a striking building in fair condition which has group value with neighbouring properties. In need of cosmetic work.
Replace concrete tiled roof with natural slate. Conduct repairs to windows.
The Dial Facebook page